Industry: Large Facility Management
Fire Compartmentation and Fire Damper Servicing and Remedials in London
The brief/client expectations?
Following a detailed Fire Risk Assessment being carried out which identified many fire compartmentation issues, we were asked to carry out a comprehensive and intrusive survey of the College Hospital to establish:
- In line with the fire compartmentation strategy of the building, we were engaged to survey the building and report on all fire breaches in the building infrastructure, take photographic evidence and report on the materials to be used to make the fire compartmentation strategy compliant.
- The location, status and condition of the horizontal and vertical fire dampers.
Were there any challenges and how did you overcome them?
- Working at height and in restricted areas
- Working out of hours – 20:00 to 04:00
- Working above the false ceilings
What makes this project unlike any others?
- Unfortunately, there are no surprises when it comes to addressing fire compartmentation issues, every project is unique.
How long did this project take?
First phase of the project was scheduled to take 16 weeks, this was completed in 12 weeks. The overall project is on going.